What is Medi-Cal?
Medi-Cal is a public health care program. It provides health care services for low-income adults and children. This program covers most health care services at no cost to most Medi-Cal beneficiaries. The State of California offers Medi-Cal for low-income families and those with limited resources. Individuals eligible for Medi-Cal through the State of California may be able to enroll with CalViva Health.
- Doctor visits
- Pregnancy and well-baby care
- Interpreters to assist non-English speakers
- 24-hour nurse advice line
- Health education programs and services
- Prescription drugs
- Hospital care
- Alcohol/drug abuse services*
- Vision care
- Mental health services*
- Emergency room care
- Shots (immunizations) and more
*Some services are not covered by CalViva Health but are still benefits. CalViva Health will help you get these services.