Affordable Health Insurance
Receive most health care services for your family at no cost if you qualify.
You and your child may qualify for Medi-Cal with CalViva Health if you live in Fresno, Kings or Madera County.
Medi-Cal is the only public program that covers low-income adults as well as children. Your child may be able to get health care coverage you can afford, even if you work.
Care Connections - Get Comfort and Support
Care Connections is a FREE program for members who face a serious progressive illness, such as cancer, liver disease, AIDS, or COPD. We work with you, your family and your current doctors to help you manage your pain and symptoms. Best of all, Care Connections is part of your health plan – there’s no extra cost.
Ask your doctor if a referral to this program is right for you (Health Plan approval is required). For more information call +1.818.676.6441 TTY 711.
MyStrength – The Health Club for Your Mind
We all struggle with our moods at times. Anxious or depressive thoughts can weigh us down. Some of us may struggle with drugs or alcohol. Seeking help and focusing on your mental health is important.
MyStrength is safe and secure—just for you. It offers personalized resources to improve your mood. Learning to use myStrength’s tools can help overcome the challenges of drug and alcohol abuse.
Sign up today: Enter “http://www.MyStrength.com/calviva” in your web browser Click “Sign up.”
Complete the myStrength sign-up process with a brief Wellness Assessment and personal profile.
Go Mobile! After setting up an online account, download the myStrength app for iOS and Android devices and register using the same email and password.
CalViva Health Pregnancy Program
CalViva Health is here to help our members have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. In addition to prenatal (before birth) and postpartum (after birth) health care services, members have access to the resources listed below.
- Free healthy pregnancy education packet Get packets with information about nutrition, exercise and health exams during pregnancy, and tips to care for your newborn.
- Nurse Advice Line Speak to a nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when you have a health question or concern.
- Nurse Case Management A CalViva Health nurse will work with members who have high-risk pregnancies to ensure the best possible outcome.
To join the CalViva Health Pregnancy Program, call Member Services at +1-888-893-1569 (TTY: 711).
Fit Families for Life – Be In Charge!SM Weight Control Programs
CalViva Health’s Health Education Department offers the following weight control programs to CalViva Health members at no cost. They are designed to help you and your family be at a healthy weight.
Fit Families for Life – Home Edition This is a five-week family program for your home. It will teach you how to make better food choices and how to exercise more. The program workbook is in English and Spanish and covers many topics. They include:
- How to read a nutrition facts label
- Tips for adding fruits and veggies to your meals
- Tips for eating out
- Exercise and much more
You will also receive a healthy recipe cookbook, an exercise DVD and a stretch band. With the DVD, your family can do standing, chair and floor exercises for 10 minutes at a time.
Healthy Habits for Healthy People – The Healthy Habits for Healthy People resource guides older adults in eating healthy and being active. Topics include important dietary nutrients, tips to address eating problems, cooking and shopping when limitations are present, exercise, and much more. Members receive a booklet, DVD, exercise stretch band and a healthy recipe cookbook.
Be In Charge!SM Asthma and Be In Charge!SM Diabetes Disease Management Programs
CalViva Health offers these programs to help you manage your asthma or diabetes.
- You may get educational materials and tips to help you stay healthy.
- You may speak with a nurse to ask questions on medicines, nutrition and screening test to control your asthma.
If you have asthma or diabetes, CalViva Health will invite you to join the program. Call Member Services at 1.888.893.1569 (TTY: 711) to enroll if you have not heard from us.
Diabetes Prevention Program
The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) is an evidence-based lifestyle change program. It is designed to prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes among individuals diagnosed with prediabetes. The program lasts one year. It can last for a second year for members who qualify. The program-approved lifestyle supports and techniques include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a peer coach
- Teaching self-monitoring and problem solving
- Providing encouragement and feedback
- Providing informational materials to support goals
- Tracking routine weigh-ins to help accomplish goals
Members must meet program eligibility requirements to join DPP. Call CalViva Health to learn more about the program and eligibility.
California Smokers' Helpline - Stop Smoking Program
The California Smokers’ Helpline is a no cost stop smoking program for CalViva Health members of all ages. California Smokers’ Helpline offers:
- One-on-one, personalized, telephone based coaching with a quit coach in six languages
- Education materials on how to stop smoking Online quitting plan
- Texting program
- Home delivery of nicotine patches
- Medication may be available for eligible members.
To enroll, please call the California Smokers’ Helpline directly at 1.800.NO.BUTTS or +1.800.662.8887. Also, enroll online at www.nobutts.org. Counselors are available weekdays, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., and weekends, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or sign up 24/7 online.
Diabetic Screenings Incentive Program
Get a $50 Visa gift card for getting your yearly diabetes tests! Controlling your diabetes can help you feel better and live longer.
CalViva Health will give you a $50 Visa gift card just for sending us proof that you have had your diabetic screenings. If you are an active CalViva Health member:
- Get your eye exam, A1C blood test, kidney test, and blood pressure screen done, at least once a year.
- Have your doctor or office staff sign and date each test on the log.
- Send the completed log to CalViva Health using the postage paid envelope to get your free gift card!
If you have any questions about this program, please call Member Services at +1.888.893.1569 TTY 711 To sign up for any of our Diabetes Class, call our Health Education Information Line at +1.800.804.6074 TTY 711 .
Health Resources & Education
Nurse Advice Line
Do you feel sick and need advice? You can call your doctor and ask for help. Or you can call CalViva Health’s Nurse Advice Line at +1-888-893-1569TTY 711 for fast and free advice. A nurse is available to speak to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The nurse can speak to you in your preferred language and guide you to take care of your health care needs.
Health Education Classes
CalViva Health provides free health education classes in schools and community settings in Fresno, Kings and Madera counties. We offer a variety of class topics based on community requests such as fitness, nutrition, diabetes, asthma and much more. The classes are available in English and Spanish.
Krames Online - Patient Education Resource
Welcome to Krames Online, the most up-to-date member education resource. At CalViva Health we believe your health is important. We realize sometimes questions slip your mind when dealing with our healthcare professionals, and now you can search for answers 24 hours a day. With access to more than 4,000 topics relating to health and medication, Krames Online allows you and your family to find answers to most questions, both big and small.
To find information, please click here.
Aunt Bertha: Find services like food, shelter, job training, legal assistance and more. We are proud to partner with Aunt Bertha to help you find programs and services in your area.
CDC Website: The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has lots of information on health and safety topics to keep you and your family healthy. Information is available in English and Spanish.
Alliance Working for Antibiotic Resistance Education (AWARE) website: AWARE informs parents on the importance of using antibiotics appropriately. Information is available in English and Spanish.
USDA Website: This website provides information on nutrition. It also teaches you how to eat healthy.
Teen Health website: Teens from 13 years old and adults may participate in electronic health education campaigns and programs available through T2X’s website and text messaging. Learn about important health topics such as nutrition, asthma, diabetes, teen health, immunization and much more.
Health Resources & Education
Health Education Programs
- California Smokers Helpline Flyer English
- California Smokers Helpline Flyer Spanish
- Fit Families for Life Be In Charge!SM Weight Control program-English/Spanish (CA96646)
- Health Education Services Flyer English Spanish
- Initial Health Assessment_NAL English Hmong
- Pregnancy Matters Flyer-English/Spanish (CA96323)
- Healthy Heart Healthy Lives (HHHL) Brochure English
- CVH HHHL Brochure Span BRO001331SO00_proof
- Healthy Heart Healthy Lives (HHHL) Journal English
- CVH HHHL Journal Spa BKT001335SO00 10.17.16
- Healthy Heart Healthy Lives (HHHL) Prevention Toolkit English
- CVH HHHL Prevention Toolkit Spa_BKT010399SO00 1.31.17
Injury Prevention / Domestic Violence
- Eat Right Play Hard Live Well English
- CVH Eat Right Play Hard Live Well Spa BRO005563SP00 10.17.16
- Everyday Healthy Meals English
- Fit Families For Life (FFFL) Cookbook Flavors Of My Kitchen SPANISH Sabor de mi Cocina
- Healthy Breakfast English Spanish
- Healthy Breakfast English Hmong
- Healthy Eating for Healthy Living English
- Healthy Eating for Healthy Living Spanish
Preventive Screening Guidelines (Checkup Recommendations)
Download this Member Handbook. This document explains your rights, responsibilities and benefits as a Member of CalViva Health.
Continuity of Care Policy
Download this Continuity of Care Policy to learn how to continue your care if the status of your health plan changes.
Download this Formulary List for the CalViva Health Medi-Cal Recommended Drug List (RDL) to let your patients know which drugs we cover. Machine Readable File. The machine readable file below can be downloaded by third parties and used to review formulary data.
* ZIPPED - JSON File
CalViva Health Midi-Cal Recommended Drug List
Do You Qualify?You may qualify, even if you don’t think you do. To find out if this health coverage program may be right for you and your children, call +1 (877) 618–0903 TTY 711. A CalViva Health representative is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. Ask for a representative that speaks your language.
What is Medi-Cal?
Medi-Cal is a public health care program. It provides health care services for low-income adults and children. This program covers most health care services at no cost to most Medi-Cal beneficiaries.
The State of California offers Medi-Cal for low-income families and those with limited resources. Individuals eligible for Medi-Cal through the State of California may be able to enroll with CalViva Health.
Why Choose CalViva Health?
CalViva Health offers health care coverage and a vision care plan you can afford! Here are ten great reasons to choose CalViva Health:
- More than 1,600 caring providers
- Access to doctors, specialists, hospitals and pharmacies close to your home, work or school
- Changes to your primary care physician (PCP) possible for any reason on a monthly basis
- Medications at 160 pharmacies throughout Fresno, Kings and Madera Counties
- Free medical advice from a nurse any time, day or night
- Information and help in your language
- Friendly, helpful customer service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Emergency room care—anywhere, any time
- Free health education programs and services to keep you healthy
- Locally managed health plan with leaders who live in your communities
How To ApplyCall us today at +1 (877) 618–0903 TTY 711 to apply for health care coverage. We can help with the application and with any forms, documents or additional instructions needed to enroll.
- Doctor visits
- Pregnancy and well-baby care
- 24-hour nurse advice line
- Prescription drugs
- Hospital care
- Alcohol/drug abuse services*
- Vision care
- Mental health services*
- Emergency room care
- Shots (immunizations) and more
- Health education programs and services
- Interpreters to assist non-English speakers